Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sweatin' With My Oldie

About the title. So I was heading upstairs to change into my workout clothes, and I started thinking about an AIM away message, something funny, a little word play. Instantly, I thought of Richard Simmons and Sweatin' to the Oldies. And then I started mentally rearranging the words and the title popped into my head. I couldn't stop giggling as I passed Dave's man cave.

Dave: What's so funny.
Me: Dude, Sweatin' With My Oldie. Get it?
Dave: (Blank Stare)
Me: When we're doing the deed... Cuz, you know, you're old.
Dave: Funny. Really.

Sigh. The man has no sense of humor.

As for the truck, it's sitting in a shop. Three hundred bucks for parts and labor, seventy for the tow. Yeah. Ouch. I complained to my mom that every time Dave and I manage to save a good chunk of money, we have to spend it on repairs or medical bills. Mom basically told me to cowboy up and deal with it because that's life.

Great. Lovely. I'm so excited to keep slogging through it.

No comments: