Monday, May 12, 2008

Strength in Numbers

So The Ash and I are, like, long distance dieting. It's sort of like long distance dating minus the monthly meet-up for dinner and a marathon of headboard rattling nookie at the Fairfield Inn. We're both motivated by our sudden wifely (and motherly, in her case) frumpiness. What gives? Why is it so easy to slide into a routine of lounging pants and horrid tees once you're married? Well. No more. We are so done with that. She's going to be a hot mama, and I'm going to be a hot wife.

My friend, L., is also jumping on the health wagon. As I mentioned before, I belong to a dieting/PCOS/POF support group too. It really, really makes a difference. Seriously, folks, strength in numbers. I know. It's odd to approach weight loss and sexifying as Roman general would an impending battle against the Dacians, but it works.

Last week was not my best as far as caloric intake and workouts were concerned. AF decided to show up. (What is up with that? Can't she send advanced notice? Here one month, gone four, here for a few days, gone six...) I had lots of salty/sweet cravings. I didn't go over my 1200-1400 daily calorie limit, but I skimped on good food in order to include salty/sweet junk. I only had one workout last week. Not good.

Today, it's back on the wagon. I'm back on my IR diet menu and got in a great workout (50 minutes.) I'm hoping to get back up to 60 by the end of the week. I'm also borrowing Ash's scheduling idea. I need structure. It's amazing what I can accomplish when I'm not screwing around.

Okay. That's it. I need to get upstairs and sort through my clothing for wearable smaller sizes.

No comments: