Saturday, May 24, 2008

Adventures In Dog Owning

So Bosley chewed up an entire package of Apri today. (Apri is the brand of birth control pills I take as part of my HRT.) He swallowed 3-4 pills. No, I don't know why. Maybe it's because he's got a bad case of puppy acne and heard me extolling the virtues of bcp's for clearing up my skin. Who knows.

Luckily, the pills are super tiny and low dose. Apparently, it's not a big deal. It happens more often than you'd think. He doesn't seem to be having any side effects so I'm not too terribly worried. Tomorrow, I fully expect him to whine about man boob soreness and throw a few moody temper tantrums.

I'm not sure what we're going to do with Bosley. He's never acted like this before, and it's getting ridiculous. We can't crate him because of the history of abuse and neglect. He loses control of his bladder and shakes violently when he hears metal scraping so crates/kennels aren't feasible. We can't leave him outside because he's not an outside dog, and I don't trust passersby not to tease or hurt him.

I guess it's time for another round of obedience training. Sigh. Back to the drawing board...

No comments: