Thursday, May 22, 2008

Acting Out

So Dave was home for three days. We used the time wisely, running errands we've been putting off for weeks, taking care of routine business, and starting in on our huge list of home improvement projects. We spent most of Tuesday afternoon at Lowes choosing plants and buying mulch, soil, and gardening tools.

Apparently Bosley felt neglected during the last few days, so while we were out, he destroyed the living room. We came home to a ticker tape-esque waterfall of glossy magazine confetti. He focused his frustration on my home improvement/decoration magazines that I'd bookmarked for future reference. Coincidence? I think not.

Bos must have felt some guilt because the second we opened the door he ran across the living room and sat on his tail. Great Danes have extremely expressive faces. He was a perfect picture of guilt and apology. If I hadn't been so pissed, I would have snapped a photo.

Dave gave him the stink face and pointed at the staircase. "Upstairs. Now." Bosley raced upstairs, paused at the first landing, and gave us his best droopy, sad face. Needless to say, Dave kept him in time out for a while. He also didn't allow him into the front yard while we were working. Bos had to sit inside and watch us dig in the dirt--his favorite pastime.

Obviously, Bosley's dependence on me is becoming something of an issue. It's bad enough that he snaps at Dave's man bits when he gives me my morning smooch--and, really, any other time that Dave touches me in an affectionate manner. When I meet friends for dinner or whatever, Bos mopes the entire time I'm away, then acts like a psycho love monkey the minute I walk in the door. If I go back to school, he's going to sulk all the time.

Sigh. Like I need one more thing to feel guilty/anxious about...

No comments: