Friday, May 23, 2008

Mushaboom

Really, really short post tonight.

Lately, MUSHABOOM by Feist has been heavy in my iTunes rotation. Why? The lyrics really hit home for me, for us, right now. Actually, I'd chance a guess that they describe probably ninety percent of my generation. With outrageous student loans, a crappy job market, insane costs of living, eye-popping gas prices, and nearly unaffordable medical care, it's all most of us can do just to survive. Forget about marriage, homes, and babies. We're screwed.


Helping the kids out of their coats
But wait the babies haven't been born oh
Unpacking the bags and setting up
And planting lilacs and buttercups oh

But in the meantime we've got it hard
Second floor living without a yard
It may be years until the day
My dreams will match up with my pay

I got a man to stick it out
And make a home from a rented house oh
And we'll collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done oh

No comments: