Friday, May 09, 2008

Iron Man

Me and my old man went to see Iron Man yesterday evening. I didn't have high expectations. I'm not much of a comic book fan--which is odd since I heart graphic novels. Weird. Anywho.

The movie was awesome! I was gripped from the first scene. (I found the subject of war profiteering and company accountability rather timely considering the political and foreign policy climate we're currently in.) The visual effects are amazing, the storyline is tight and well-paced, the characters are engaging. Hell, even Gwyneth Paltrow didn't bother me--and she usually does. Not sure why, but I can't stand her. It's something about those big, expressionless eyes.

If you want to see a movie this weekend, go Iron Man. Money well spent in my opinion. (Dave and I totally smuggled our own yummies into the theater. We stopped by Wal-Mart, spent $4.75 on water, Reese's Pieces, and chocolate covered raisins. That prolly would have cost us, like, $12 bucks or more at the theater. Ripoff!)

Oh, and just an aside not meant to offend, but seriously, boys can be really dumb sometimes. Outrageously dumb. Annoyingly dumb.

No comments: