Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hamaggedon

Oh, Craig Ferguson, how I love thee! His bit on the swine flu last night, complete with pig puppet, was hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the Pig-pocalypse and zombie bacon jokes.

In all seriousness, I'm just not that concerned about swine flu. I probably should be since I'm pregnant and my husband spends 24-48 hours at a time crammed into the back of an ambulance with puking, bleeding, coughing, pooing folks. Dave's hand washing habits verge on obsessive when he's at work, and I spend most of my time indoors with the occasional trip to the grocery store or Barnes & Noble or whatever.

I'll take the usual precautions and if I get a temp or a cough or flu-like symptom, I'll head straight into see my doc for some Tamiflu or Relenza. Beyond that, I'm not changing my routines. Sure, swine flu is serious, but really it's the paranoia that'll get you.

No comments: