Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dos Equis

No, not the totally delicious beer. The chromosomes. As in, our baby has two--count 'em--two X chromosomes. That's right! I'm currently incubating the very first baby girl grandchild on either side of our families. Can you say future Miss Priss? Oh, yes. I'm quite sure she's going to be quite spoiled.

She's right on track for growth and measures one day ahead of my due date so no biggie. The weight estimate is eleven ounces which is right on target for 19.5 weeks. My placenta looks like it's almost in the "right" place too so I'm not as worried about problems during delivery.

During the ultrasound, she was a smidge ornery. She seems to like the far left side of my uterus where she curls up into a little ball. She'd move around just enough to allow the tech to get the pics she needed of various organs and bones, but as far as the money shot was concerned, she kept those little ankles crossed like a tea cozy knitting prude until the last two minutes of the ultrasound study. Oh, and we saw more jazz hands and a whole helluva lot of "talking." I had the distinct feeling she was telling us to eff off so she could nap.

The best part of the ultrasound? Dave. Seriously. Huge nerd pants over here. Enjoy this gem.

Dave, staring at u/s screen: I don't know. It just looks like George Washington to me.

Me: Dude, this isn't a Rorschach test!

2 comments:

As You Wish said...

Yay for a GIRL!

Brenda Lou said...

Oh, congrats, honey!!! Spoiled isn't the word! LOL