Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sliding Back to Normalcy

So I'm trying to get back into a normal routine after having house guests. I know it's weird, but whenever we have people staying in the house, I feel guilty if I head to bed before our guests. Then I'm tired and off the next day but can't go to bed early because we still have guests. Bizarre. I know. Also, Rob and Stephanie hadn't visited in a year so there were a lot of nights we'd sit up and shoot the breeze. Hell, one night, Stephanie and I sat up yakking until the sun rose!

All in all, I enjoy having people in the house. It reminds me of my childhood. Growing up in a bustling household with two brothers and a sister and numerous cousins or friends over all the time is such a contrast to the rather quiet and calm existence Dave, Bos, and I live. I also love cooking for more bigger groups. I think my orange cranberry scones were a hit with Rob and Steph. Man, that is a recipe that took me, like, five tries to perfect. Finally, I realized the missing link was butter. More butter, specifically. 3/4 of a pound, actually. Totally not healthy, but they're so effing good!

Speaking of healthy, I'm still running my butt off on the Couch to 5K program. I'm really enjoying the runs. It is such a rush to finish that final running segment! I also love the priceless expressions on drivers' faces as they blow past me in their trucks. It's always a look of utter shock that a chub like me is hoofing it down the side of the road mixed with amusement and/or encouragement. I get a lot of waves, lol. Today, a sheriff's deputy gave me a wave, a double hit on the horn, and thumbs up as he inched past me in his cruiser.

I'm going to try to incorporate more cardio/resistance training on my off days. I slacked on cardio all last week. Not good. I seem to be in a weight loss plateau but that's all right. I had enough awesome weight loss weeks during the last few months that I'm still on track with my weight loss goals despite the plateau.

All right. Enough blogging. I started a new novella last night. It's super steamy! I'm dying to work on it!

No comments: