Monday, July 28, 2008

Carnitas!

So first things first... I lost another pound this week. The scale is finally moving consistently after that icky plateau. Just three more pounds and I'll have lost 30! How effing awesome is that?!?! I try to focus on small victories rather than looking at the 70-some-odd pounds I still need to lose.

Running is going well. I'm zeroing in on Week 5 which means the runs are getting substantially longer in time and distance. Right now, I'm focusing on time. When I complete the running program, I'm going to focus on distance. By the end of August, I'll be running 10 miles a week. I'd like to reach 60 minutes or 6 miles/day, 3-4 times a week by the end of October. That works out to what? Um... 18-24 miles a week. I know. I know. It sounds like a lot, but seriously, once you start running and building endurance, it's not as horrific as it sounds.

I made a new personal goal. I'd like to compete in a full marathon before I turn 30. Right now the plan is a 5K in February, a 10K in the fall of '09 or spring of 2010, a 21K (half-marathon) in fall/winter of 2010 or spring of 2011, and a full marathon in 2012. The schedule is really fluid and will have to be adjusted when we get preggers. Obviously, lol.

Anywho. Oh, the title. So Dave and I have been having huge Mexican food cravings. This week I'm cooking some of my favorites like arroz con pollo and carnitas. Oh. My. God. I so freakin' heart carnitas! We're having those tonight. The smell. The SMELL! It's delicious. The whole house smells like yummy, savory, crispy, tender porky goodness.

Speaking of which...I should go give the pot a peek. It might be time to kick up the heat!

No comments: