Monday, July 21, 2008

Dark Knight

Wow. Just wow. The movie is fabulous! It lives up to the hype--and then some. Heath Ledger is marvelous as the Joker. He's demented, blithely commits jarringly violent acts, and spouts bizarre yet oddly and uncomfortably reasonable truths. And the Magic Trick! Holy crap. That was a moment of dark humor genius.

Not Dark Knight related but sort of interesting...

I finally broke down and bought some new clothes. I've only lost 26 pounds but I've gone from a size 26 (yeah. ouch. ugh.) to an 18. All of my clothes look ridiculous. They hang on me like sacks. And yet I've been paralyzed with fear at the thought of buying new clothes. Logically, I know I've lost weight and need smaller things. Unfortunately, I'm in a mind-fuck sort of state when it comes to my body image. I've always been confident despite my size but I'm suddenly having problems reconciling the new me with the old me. Apparently, this is part of transforming one's self. It's annoying really.

It's weird because I used to wear an 18 when I weighed like 185-ish my freshman year of college. I'm nowhere close to 185 now but I'm wearing an 18. For some reason, my body is reshaping and carrying weight differently. I think it has something to do with all the exercise.

Oh, and the running is going well. Runs are getting longer and more difficult but I'm pushing through and dealing with it. I've decided to run a 5K for charity in February. If anyone's interested in running, lemme know. The charity run also has a half marathon but I'm not comfortable signing up for that. Hopefully, (fingers crossed, rub those rabbit feet, kiss your lucky shamrock, pour a shot for your Orisha)I'll be for shizz up the spout by February. Running is totally fine when knocked up but I think a half marathon would be a bit much. For me, anyway.

Writing's going well. I'm maybe 8 chapters from the end of my dark urban fantasy novel. As soon as I'm finished, I'm setting it aside for my betas and Dave. While I'm waiting for critiques to roll in, I have to get some erotic novellas knocked out. I'm so effing behind in that genre. I need to get some stuff to my editor before all the '09 slots are full.

It never ends...

No comments: