Friday, August 25, 2006

Rock En Seine

While I have a few quiet moments in my hectic yet thoroughly enjoyable day, I thought I would update the blog.

Today has been interesting. I listened to lots of great music and had some super-interesting conversations with friends. A particular highlight was when I was telling Ash that I'm considering doing a mind/body/soul cleansing and she remarked that my little experiment will "...look like an Alice Cooper garage sale."

Hmmm. Not sure what she meant by that.

NOT! OK. So I know exactly what she meant. Gotta love The Ash and her sardonically astute witticisms!

I built some time into my packed schedule to send out some emails, too. Most importantly, I contacted I.K., the literary agent interested enough in my manuscript to offer some constructive criticism, and offered her the first look at my restructured/revamped manuscript. I'm not sure if she'll like it. If she does, I'll be ecstatic because that means I can move forward with my dream of a career as a successful novelist. Then again, if she feels that the project isn't right for her, I completely understand. Publishing is, after all, a subjective business. Either way, I sincerely appreciate the effort she put into reading my unpolished manuscript during my first round of queries.

On a different note, I talked to Sparky yesterday. (Sparky being Joey, of course.) He gave me a first hand account of his horrifying ordeal, and it was really disturbing. He says that he's just really tired and sore, but otherwise feels fine. I'm glad that he's doing well, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on him. I can only imagine how a near-permanent-death experience will affect him mentally/socially. I figure he'll go one of three ways.

1) He'll become a daredevil intent upon living life to the fullest without remorse or consideration for the safety of his person.

2) He'll fall into a gloomy, sulking depression and start abusing some substance.

3) He'll be depressed for a few days, act like a daredevil for a week or two, and then come to terms with new him.

I'm leaning towards number three because Joey is...well...Joey.

Well. I have tons more to write, but I've got a million things to do and a gaggle of girls shouting at me to hurry. Laters!

No comments: