Monday, August 14, 2006

Wolfmother vs. Wolf Chili

So it's been a few days since my last post but in my defense, I had a busy weekend. My parents and two of my younger siblings, Marcos (17) and Tricia (14,) surprised us with a visit on Saturday. Well--the plan was that they would arrive on Friday, but circumstances unforeseen arose and they had to delay their take-off until Saturday morning. At any rate, we had a great time (aside from the FORTY minute wait at Chili's for dinner on Saturday evening) and got a lot of shopping done. We also went to a midnight showing of Talladega Nights and I thought is was rather funny. Not quite as good as Old School or Anchorman. Those two movies were continually hilarious whereas TN has a few really funny parts scattered across two hours of random weirdness.

As is customary with family weekends, my lil bro and sis were a constant source of craziness and laughter. While I was waiting for them to arrive, I sent Marcos a text message to learn their ETA and I tacked on a question about Wolfmother, my fave new band. Basically, I wanted to know if he had heard them and/or liked them. His response: "I'm not sure what Wolfmother is, but I like Wolf Chili on my hot dogs."

Right. My thoughts exactly.

Later that evening, we went to the mall so Marcos and Tricia could case the place and get their Sunday shopping itinerary together. Tricia, Mom, and I spent some time in Aeropostale where Tricia stocked up on tees and I grabbed a new messenger bag. (OOH!) After we found Dad, Marcos, and Dave, we decided to leave the mall and find some dinner. As we're walking out one of the main entrances, we pass this kiosk where they sell perfume and this middle-aged woman is dousing herself in some vile flower and peppermint concoction that she's just purchased. Tricia, always tactful, says way too loudly: "OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT STENCH!"

Marcos and I were mortified b/c the woman looked right at us as Tricia marched past, totally oblivious. We tried not to laugh, but it was just too hard and soon, we were laughing hysterically as we tried to relate the story to the rest of our group. Needless to say, there was a lot of laughter as we headed out to Dad's truck. The remainder of the evening was much of the same giggle-inducing insanity. Lots of fun!!!

My sleep schedule is all screwed up again, too. I slept two hours between Saturday and Sunday and then a little more than four Sunday afternoon. I tried to catch a few winks this morning and was slightly successful. I think I'm in another one of those four hour cycles where I'll be awake for twenty plus hours and then crash for four hours and then start all over again. YAY!!!!

On a happier note, this weekend is the collective Good Luck!/Happy New House!/Congrats on the Double Engagement Party at Sara's new casa! I worked out the menu this morning and tomorrow I'm going to call Sara so we can work out the last few kinks. Then I s'pose we'll just have to touch base with the girls and let them know the time, etc. Oh. Note to self: sleeping arrangements???


Alright. Back to work.

No comments: