Monday, August 21, 2006

How Do You Feel About Large, Soft Pretzels?

OK. Is it just me or is that question (my title) kinda creepy and strangely funny? Let me give you some background. A few days ago, Dave and I were IM-ing via AIM and were discussing something for the wedding--stationery, I think--when he suddenly busted out that question. I'm not sure why, but it struck me as hilarious, and a split-second later, I was spewing Dr. Pepper all over my desk. Anyways. That's today's random thought.

The past week has been rather quiet. Sure, I've had a small share of friend and wedding drama, but nothing too hard to handle. Right now, I'm in that dreaded guest list phase of the wedding planning. Yikes. Thankfully, I think I've put out most of the fires and everything seems to be proceeding smoothly. I'm not letting my guard down, though. I'm sure I'll make some misstep about the napkin color or the wedding cake filling and all Hell will break loose again. Sigh.

Saturday night we had our big Summer Bash 2006, but in order to protect the future careers and reputations of all ladies involved, I am forbidden from revealing any details. Suffice it to say that we had a wonderful time and are planning on making this a monthly activity for all Texas MAS-ers. For all of our out-of-town ladies, we'll have to start scheduling these little soirees twice a year and with plenty of time to accomodate busy grad-school schedules.

As for myself, well, I'm still trying to recover from Saturday night and it's now 0527 Monday morning. Yeah. I may have had way too much of a good time, lol. Dave has ordered me to drink my weight in water (well, not my weight exactly, but still, a lot of water) b/c I'm dehydrated from all of that revelry. It probably didn't help that I had only slept six hours in the two days preceeding Saturday and was then awake for 24 plus hours with a two hour nap on Sunday morning before crashing Sunday afternoon for sixteen hours. Ugh. Must get a handle on that sleep cycle business.

Alright. Well. I'm starving and I don't think we have any breakfast items in the kitchen. Or at least, nothing that interests me, lol. Sure, we have all of that healthy bran cereal, low carb pancake mix, fresh fruit, calcium enriched OJ, etc. Thing is, I'm really in the mood for a burger, lol. One of those super scrumptious BBQ Cheddar Burgers that Whataburger makes. Yes. I know. It's not part of my low-carb-getting-sexy-for-my-wedding-diet, but this morning, I could care less.

That settles it. I'm off to find some pj pants and the keys to the truck.

Oh. Yeah. For all of you who have emailed me about not being able to leave comments on the blog, I have tweaked the settings to allow anyone (not just blogger members) to comment!

No comments: