Saturday, September 02, 2006

Panic! But NOT At The Disco

Just a quick note for today. I know I haven't updated in a weekish, but I've been swamped. Gimme a few days. I'll catch up.

So I had a chance to watch the new Al Qaeda tape not long ago, and well--I'm slightly worried and upset. The reason is really, really simple. In the Qur'an (Koran,) it states that before one attacks or kills another, you must warn them and offer a chance to convert to Islam. (Obviously that's my elementary paraphrasing; I'm no theologian.) Still, you get the point. That's one of the reasons that Bin Laden lost some support after the WTC attacks. He didn't warn or offer Americans a chance to "see the light" so to speak, a direct breech of etiquette.

Now, Adam Gadahn (aka Azzam the American by his Al Qaeda brethren) warns Americans to repent and convert during his rambling speech. The only conclusion I can draw is that--well--they're considering or planning or giving the go-ahead for another attack. I mean, it doesn't take a CIA analyst to put together the info presented to us.

I'm not saying that we should panic or anything. I'm just throwing my pennies into the pool. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then we're lucky. Lucky b/c I don't trust this government to protect us. Anybody remember the 9/11 Commission and that massive report with all of those recommendations that were supposed to be implemented??? Yeah. I'm not even a tiny bit surprised that "our" government only implemented a handful. You know, heaven forbid we actually approach governing this country in an efficient, responsible manner. I suppose that's because employing reasonable intelligence now equals liberalism and--holy hannah--no one wants to be labeled a liberal in this neo-con circus.

Alright. Enough ranting for now. I've got better things to do than depress myself with the idiocy of our current administration. Hurry up and get here 2008! Mama needs to clean house!

No comments: