Saturday, September 09, 2006

Take Luck!

Short post today. It's a little after 0530, and unfortunately, I am wide awake. I'm in one of those four hour cycles again. Awake 24 plus hours, sleep four hours, awake 20 hours, sleep four hours..... AARRGGHH!! So annoying.

Dave and I are FINALLY going to have some together time this weekend! He's been working tons of extra hours so we can hit our wedding savings goal quickly and move onto our next goal: a house. With stagnant housing prices and surplus inventory, we should be able to negotiate a good deal when we buy next July/August/September. We're also going to be first time homebuyers so we're going to apply for all of those nifty FHA/HUD programs. I mean, why shouldn't we? Right? It's like free money--except for the fact that our taxes fund those programs, lol.

So anywho. We're going to Houston this afternoon to watch Brian Regan this evening. We're staying at The Magnolia, a super posh downtown hotel. We don't often go on vacations, and since this is technically a mini-vacay, Dave decided to splurge a little. I was expecting to stay at La Quinta or something, but when he busted out the reservation receipt, I was ecstatic. I LOVE staying at upscale places. You get dress up and act like you're "somebody." It's so much fun!!!

Yes. Sigh. I know I sound like I'm twelve, but who cares? Why shouldn't I enjoy myself? Hmm?

So let's see. What else? Well--I'm a little worried about one of my soldier buddies stationed in Iraq. His name is Chad and even though he hasn't told me exactly where he's stationed, I've used the powers of deduction and think that he must be somewhere in the Al Anbar province. I mean, his mail goes through Jordan so that would be the most likely scenario. At any rate, I haven't heard from him in a few weeks, and well, it's just tearing me up inside. It's those Mama Hen genes of mine, I guess. If I don't know that all of my chicks are safe and accounted for, I go into panic mode. Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon. I'll keep you posted.

Oh yeah! Sara turned 22 on Thursday! Yay! Happy Birthday to Sara! And she has a new man in her life! From everything I've heard, he's perfect. Literally. Intelligent (biochemistry grad student like Sara,) handsome, kind, generous, chivalrous... Perfect! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her! And hey--even if if doesn't work out long-term, it's still a wonderful experience. Always gotta look for that silver lining.

Alright. I need to finish this chapter before I start packing. Laters!

No comments: