Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wheezing Shampoo Demons

Quick break from the all night writing fest to blog. Today (well, yesterday, I suppose) was a pretty miserable day weather-wise. I woke up early for a breakfast date with Alison, and omg, it was storming so bad. I have this irrational fear of showering when there's lightning, but I muscled through it and hopped into the shower. Okay, stumbled, I was freakin' tired. I'd only gotten 2.75 hours of sleep.

When it was time to wash my hair, I realized that there was still at least one dose of shampoo left in the tube. (Am I the only one who finds those damn Brilliant Brunette tubes annoying? Seriously, wtf? Who designed those things?) So there I was squeezing away and the tube was making these horrible wheezing noises, and suddenly, I hear this snarling bark and the shower curtain goes flying as Bosley tries to attack the shampoo bottle. I almost pissed myself! I jumped and slipped. I ended up smearing the shampoo I'd managed to squeeze out of the tube on the shower tile as I tried to steady myself. When Bosley realized that there wasn't some wheezing shampoo demon trying to attakc his mommy, he stopped snarling and started lapping up the water droplets on the edge of the tub and shower curtain. He looked so pleased with himself for acting the brave protector that I couldn't bring myself to chastise him. I just splashed him with water and listened to him scamper back into the bedroom.

Sigh. What a wonderful start to the day, no?

In the end, Alison and I agreed to rain check until the next time she's in town. I was disappointed since I really wanted to catch up with her. Luckily we both have phones, lol. Call Alison is the first entry on my to-do list for toay.

Since breakfast was nixed, I stayed up until my hair was dry and then crawled back into bed. Of course Bosley had other plans and continued to whine and nudge until I woke up and let him out--again and again and again. Sigh. Finally caught a few hours of sleep but woke with a horrendous jaw ache. After a little perusing in the mirror, I realized that I have some wisdom tooth shrapnel working it's way out. Apparently this is normal. Whatever. At this point I'm just drinking warm tea and ignoring the pain.

So that's it. Yet another entry about my oh-so-exciting life. I'm going to get back to writing and enjoying my ice cream and Murder, She Wrote marathon on Netflix.

No comments: