Monday, March 17, 2008

Update

Haven't had a lot of time to post because I've been writing up a storm. I seem to have recaptured my old pace which is such a good thing. Last night I received my release date for ILLICIT BARGAIN so now I get to start thinking about promotion. It doesn't release until November 7th so I have plenty of time. I'm a chapter away from finishing my next novella and hope to have that one submitted to my editor and contracted by the end of March or first week of April. I've also been discussing a sequel to ILLICIT BARGAIN with my editor. We'll see how that works out... Then, of course, I have a full length erotic romance novel on the back burner. I'm planning to start workign on it as soon as I get my current WIP out to my betas.

Busy. Busy. Busy.

Dave went on a spring cleaning rampage yesterday. It's not easy to write when your husband is banging around in the kitchen and cleaning carpets. Eventually I just gave up and went upstairs. The carpets look really good now. You would not believe the crap Dave pulled out of them. Having a Great Dane in the house 24/7 is hell on the carpet.

We bought a new mattress set on Saturday evening but it wasn't in stock so it won't come in until next weekish. That gives us plenty of time to clean the bedroom carpet and such. Oh, and we went grocery shopping at HEB after that and, OMG, we ran into a friend's abusive ex-boyfriend. Dave spotted him before I did and stepped between us, sort of shielding me so I didn't have to make eye contact. We'd all thought he'd left Texas but apparently not. Dave did a little digging and found out that this horrid man still works for a Texas EMS company. Needless to say the entire experience was a fucking shock.

Other than that I'm stressed over my meds. They're not working any longer. I'm pretty upset about it, like, sobbing in the bathroom upset. I had such high hopes that correcting my hormones would be the answer, but apparently not. This could mean that Dave and I are no longer eligible for some of the less expensive options of fertility treatments like Clomid and Metformin. We may have to go straight to IUI, trigger shots, and even IVF. Sigh.

I've also been having sudden drops in my blood sugar levels. I'm talking shaking, diaphoresis, and ringing ears. It's very unsettling since, you know, I'm basically home alone most of the time. I didn't start having blood sugar issues until I started taking my meds. I mean, I'd had some hypoglycemia problems as a kid but nothing like this.

I'm not thrilled about the prospect of trying new combinations of pills. When I started this regimen, I went completely insane for about six weeks. No really. I wept when I ran out of paper towels, people. Wept as if my best friend had just died. It was pathetic. But what can you do, right?

So that's my update. Back to work!

No comments: