Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bedrest

So Monday evening the Migraine Fairy visited and whacked me with her Migraine Stick. I really thought I'd maybe, you know, grown out of my migraine phase since it's been years since I had one. I still get the occasional killer headache but nothing like the horrendous migraines that I used to get in middle and high school where I'd black out in one eye, have nosebleeds, incessant dry heaving, etc for hours on end.

Anywho. This one was bad on a colossal scale and I spent the night vomiting/dry heaving/weeping. Bosley was super confused by the whole situation and did a lot of nervous pacing and whining. Dave was at work, and I'm sort of ridiculous about asking for help when I obviously need it. Had I simply called and said, hey, um I'm dying, he would have been home as soon as possible, but yeah, I felt guilty about asking him to come home because I'm weird like that. In hindsight I probably should have gone to the ER.

By the time Dave got home I was passed out in bed. Let's just say that he was none too pleased that I allowed myself to get to the point of exhaustion/dehydration I'd reached. Just going to vote yesterday evening almost made me pass out but I'm such a civic duty nutter that I just *had* to go.

Today I'm in still in crap shape and confined to bed per Dave's orders. I'm rehydrating, eating, and resting. For once I'm not fighting him on something. I hope he doesn't get used to it, lol.

No comments: