Thursday, May 14, 2009

Star Trek

OMG! You have to see Star Trek! It's amazing. The visual imagery is simply stunning and so believable. The CGI effects meld seamlessly with the live action shots. I really enjoyed the tight plot (necessary for someone who isn't a dedicated Trekkie) and the well-rounded characters. Oh, and the hot men in tight pants. Kirk/Spock sandwich, anyone?

But, seriously, what's with the ladies in mini-skirts and go-go boots? Really? How are you supposed to kick space ass and takes names when you have to worry about flashing your hoohoo with every roundhouse? Just a thought, Starfleet.

Oh yeah. We had to take Bosley in to have his kidney functions checked yesterday since he's on meloxicam for his funky hips. Let's just say he wasn't pleased with the muzzling or the huge needle they jabbed into his jugular vein. He's been milking it for all it's worth. No, really. We stopped by Petco for treats, and he kept eyeing the stuffed squeaky toy aisle. He had this "Hey! You let them stab me in my neck!" look so we caved and let him pick out a new pheasant with an annoying honker.

Right now, he's staring at my donut. He's doing the weepy eyes. I can almost hear his thoughts. "Jeez, my neck sure hurts where you let them STAB me!" Sigh. Looks like Mama's only having half a donut this morning...

No comments: