Thursday, October 16, 2008

2.92

So I zoned out today and ran 2.92 miles. I'm so close to a 5K I can taste it. I have to be careful not to push myself too far at a time. I really don't need an injury. But, man, it felt so effing good to type my starting and ending into MapQuest and see my distance. I'll definitely achieve 5K distance by the end of October. Woo Hoo!!!!

I found a 5K run for bone marrow awareness here in town. It's a late November race, the 22nd, I think. I'll definitely be ready for it...but I'll be the last person across the line probably. That should matter to me, but oddly enough, it doesn't. I just want to finish and get that t-shirt. You know?

So I'm tentatively considering it. I've got a few weeks to make up my mind but I'm fairly certain I'll be running. It's something I need to do for myself. Sort of like the final proof. I did it. See? I've got the t-shirt to prove it.

No comments: