Sunday, October 05, 2008

25


So it's official. I've been alive for a quarter of a century. Shockingly, I feel no different than yesterday or the day before that or the week before that or--well, you get the idea. That's not totally true. These days I feel incredibly empowered. I've proven to myself I can do anything I put my mind to and that's an awesome feeling.

Birthday was super low-key and laid back. Yesterday, I cooked up a hellacious batch of carnitas and pico de gallo. We noshed on that last night while watching DVDs. Also had a killer brownie. Tricia and Mom called me at 12:01 last night. I immediately thought someone had croaked. (Honestly, the first thing that went through my head was George Lopez. "Levantate! Get up! My mom's dying!" You'll either get that--or you won't.)

I woke up to beautiful fresh flowers and a cute card from Dave-O. He then proceeded to make one of my fave breakfasts. Generally, Dave's a nightmare in the kitchen, but the man can cook a mean breakfast. Mean. We vegged the rest of the day and hit Freebirds for an easy dinner. Oh, and yummy cheesecake with caramel and pecans and a chocolate crust. Do I feel even the tiniest twinge of guilt for eating whatever the heck I wanted this weekend? Nope. Why? Because I'm running two plus miles a day.

I received a slew of texts and emails and a card wishing me well. Gift wise, I scored super good from Dave: a pair of bright new kicks, the 3rd season of Charmed, and $25 in iTunes gift card. Woo Hoo! New running and writing music!

Speaking of writing, I need to get back to work. I need to get some projects finished and subbed. A super happy week to everyone!!!

*And, yes, those are the shoes Dave-O got me. Cute, huh?*

No comments: