Monday, June 04, 2007

3 Things

Three things that I found interesting during my all nighter:

1) Tater Mitts
2) Rodrigo y Gabriela
3) Two nights ago while surfing CNN, I did a double take as I scrolled past a blurry pic of G8 Summit protesters in Rostock, Germany. Two protesters looked familiar, but I couldn't be sure. Just about ten minutes ago, I looked up as the CNN American Morning crew ran through the day's headlines. As I watched a short clip of the protesters, sure enough there they were. I'm not going to use names b/c I'm paranoid like that, but one is a very dear friend who I've kind of lost touch with during the past seven months. The other is a girl who attended our school as part of an exchange program. Neither are radical, but both are concerned, involved types. Anywho. It was interesting to me but probably not to you....

Oh, and the Tater Mitts infomercial is simply fascinating. Even though it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, I soooooo want one! And Rodrigo y Gabriela are amazing! You should check out their YouTube clips! OMG! That girl can play! And whoever would have thought a Mexican guitar duo straight outta Mexico City would have found success in Ireland? Can you say "globalization??"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tater Mitts... why didn't I think of that?