Thursday, January 07, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Brr! It's chilly out there. We're expecting the full force of the arctic blast to hit as the day progresses. Dave, Nyx and I ran all of our errands yesterday after the kiddo's Synagis injection. Well. I ran the errands while Dave and Nyx snuggled in the back seat of the truck.

Since it was my bi-monthly coupon run, I had to do the shopping. I did really well though! At Kroger's, I bought $210 worth of groceries and pantry stocking stuff for just around $140. We'll only need to buy meat, milk, and produce for the next, oh, four weeks or so. At CVS, I bought $70 worth of stuff for $37 and earned an additional $14 in ECBs. That works out to, like, $23 out of pocket. Woohoo!

Dave has to work today. I offered to knit him a cozy for his, um, family jewels since the wind chills are supposed to be in the single digits. He politely declined. Got me thinking though. I bet I could sell a crap load of ball cozies on Etsy!

Kidding. I'm kidding.

Anywho. The kiddo and I are hanging out upstairs today. For some reason, it stays much warmer up here than downstairs. (I think it's the number of windows down there and the proximity of the heater to our bedroom and man cave.) She got a new play mat from Aunt Romona so we'll try that out today for tummy time while I do my crunches and such.

Oh, and here's your WTF moment from yesterday. Nyx went in for her Synagis injection, right? She weighs 11 pounds (yay!) so her dose of medication was .75 mg. Yes, that's point seven-five milligrams dissolved in maybe two milliliters of injection solution. Want to know how much that .75mg of Synagis cost?

$5446.00

Yes. Five thousand four hundred forty-six dollars for less than one milligram of medication. OMGWTFBBQ!

1 comment:

The Cox Family said...

Hi. I'm Jesse Cox's wife, Becky. He works with Dave and told me about your blog. (I'm a NICU nurse. Was at Hermann Children's in the med center now at MH The Woodlands) Anyway - crap! Now I forgot what I was going to say ... Oh yes! We are hanging out upstairs too! It's too cold down there! And I was going to ask if you play the grocery game? Someone just showed it to me and I think I'm going to try it out.