Sunday, September 14, 2008

Start Wearing Purple

So we survived. Since Dave was called into work as part of the county's emergency response protocol he saw the worst of the storm as the eye passed through M. County. Bos and I had a few nerve-wracking moments here at the house. There aren't a lot of trees to break the wind around here so the winds buffeted the exposed sides pretty good. There were a few times during the early morning hours when I thought we were going to lose part of the fence. A pair of trees in the wooded acreage behind the house looked a bit iffy as well but luckily everything held. If we have another storm like Ike, well, who knows.

Anywho. Dave and I watched Wristcutters: A Love Story this evening after a few games of chess. (I'm learning. Slowly. Dave almost blew a pupil. Twice.) I love indie films, and surprisingly, Dave liked this movie quite a bit. And, really, how can you NOT love a film that uses Gogol Bordello as part of the soundtrack?!?!

OMG. I so effing heart Gogol Bordello. They're this awesome, eccentric Gypsy punk group comprised of random folks from Eastern Europe, Israel, Ethiopia, and a few other places. I'm not quite sure how to explain the sound. It's like polka meets The Pogues meets Borat meets The Velvet Underground meets DeVotchka. I don't know. It's just an extremely unique sound. And their live shows! Holy shit!

If you're curious....

Start Wearing Purple


Through the Roof 'N Underground

No comments: