Friday, September 19, 2008

Diversifying

So first off I just received the most depressing email from a friend in my support group. She found out she was pregnant last week but since she has PCOS she had to come back in for more beta tests to make sure her number was doubling. She gets to her doc's office yesterday afternoon after going for her bloodwork that morning and discovers a girl who tortured her in high school is now an intern in her OB/GYN's office. Yeah. I'm sure you know where this is going. The intern--her high school enemy--just walked into the exam room and bluntly told her she was miscarrying and to expect a bleed starting any day. Then she just walked out. No compassion. No follow-up instructions. Nada.

Yeah. Ouch. Ugh. The worst thing is this bitchy intern's behavior is fairly par for the course when it comes to infertility. ER docs and nurses are the effing worst though. You wouldn't believe some of the horror stories circulating in PCOS/POF/Infertility circles. You really wouldn't.

Anywho. So I'm thinking about diversifying my erotica career...but I just can't settle on what to write next. Lolita Lopez writes contemporary, historical and paranormal erotic romances; however, I've got some really sharp, super sexy straight erotica and M/M sitting here. It's seriously good stuff but I'm just not sure what to do with it. There are a lot of presses and publishers looking for this sort of material but by contract I'm sort of bound to my current publisher unless I negotiate a few terms. The thing is I'm really happy with my current publisher as far as Lolita Lopez is concerned so I'm not so inclined to go that route.

Looks like I may have to create another pen name for my foray into erotica and such. It's not a problem really but the extra work load--especially if I manage to sell my urban fantasy series--would be a bit of a stretch. Then again I do my best work when under pressure. It's not as if I'm not producing a novella and multiple short stories a month anyway. With a second pen name, I'd be able to sell them and get out in the market place.

So that's where I'm at the moment. Plotting career moves. Oh, joy!

No comments: