Friday, February 29, 2008

Stop! Drop! And Roll!

Not much to blog about today. I need to write, write, write! Still, I thought I'd leave you with this gem of an experience:

An hour ago I was making some post-marital-relations quesadillas and I caught my hair on fire. Yeah. Not fun times. I have long hair (I'm about to chop it off and donate it to Locks of Love) and I bent to set an armload of ingredients on the counter and my loose locks danced across the burner. I heard a sizzle, saw smoke, and whipped my head away from the stove. I smacked the ends of my hair with a pot holder just to be on the safe side.

I should also point out that during this terrifying episode Dave was sitting maybe five feet from me and never once realized anything was wrong.

Me: Holy shit! I just caught my hair on fire!
Dave: I thought I smelled something burning.

Sigh. At least he's calm in a crisis.

No comments: