Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One Woman's Cacophony...

Seriously, folks, I have nothing of consequence to blog about. Yesterday Dave and I picked out paint colors, priced mulch and ornamental plants, and chose the landscaping edgers we want. Bosley got two new toys, a knotted rope about 2 1/2 feet long and a squeaky bouncy ball. He went ape-shit when he realized the ball bounced AND squeaked. You should see a 120 plus pound puppy leaping and growling and running circles around a ball. It's hilarious and terrifying. Oh, and everyone warned me about Great Danes having deadly tails. They were soooo effing right. We almost lost a window and mini-blind during the Bos' Ball Dance. I almost lost an eye this afternoon; Dave is buying me goggles so I can continue working from the couch.

Steph, my SIL, and I were discussing music earlier this evening. Any time I discuss my musical tastes or share my playlists, I get these weird, WTF looks. My current writing playlist:

Hong Kong Garden by Siouxsie & The Banshees
Whatever Happened by The Strokes
An Ending (Ascent) by Brian Eno
Djobi Djoba by The Gipsy Kings
Love to Love You Baby by Donna Summer
The Greatest by Cat Power
Caughty By the Fuzz by Supergrass
Nighttiming by Coconut Records
Thais: Meditation by Yo-Yo Ma & Kathryn Stott
The Front Porch Song by Robert Earl Keen
Porterville by CCR
Inna-I-Malak by Azam Ali
Mystery Man by Terje Rypdal
Into Dust by Mazzy Star
Us & Them by Pink Floyd
Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros
Navajo Joe by Enrico Morricone
Returns A King by Tyler Bates
The Funeral by Band of Horses
So Long, Lonesome by Explosions in the Sky
Making Plans for Nigel by XTC
Storm by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Fix You by Coldplay
The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve
Who Were You Thinking Of by The Texas Tornados
Dream by Alice Smith

I have something like 12 gigs of music in Itunes right now so I'm constantly shaking up my playlists. Even so this is how random they usually are. Dave can't stand it. I get a lot of, "Woman! Why?"

My answer: Why not?

No comments: