Saturday, January 10, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

So it's no secret at Casa O that I am addicted to Harlequin novels. My favorite part of every month is choosing the next five or so books I'm going to buy. I devour these delicious little slices of romance the same way a fat kid attacks a box of Swiss Cake rolls. They are my weakness.

I'm quite fond of the old school Presents line with its fabulously wealthy alpha males and feisty but not so wealthy heroines entangled in marriages of convenience or secret baby plot lines. With titles like The Ruthless Magnate's Virgin Mistress and At the Sheihk's Bidding, how can you not gobble them up like literary crack? Oh, and I read both of those last week and loved 'em.

The Silhouette Desires line is sort of the American version of the Presents with equally as wealthy and arrogant heros. I love the Silhouette Nocturne line with its super sexy and intriguing paranormal romances. Ooh, and Spice books, their erotica line, is FABULOUS. Seriously. If you haven't read any of Megan Hart's erotic novels, you are missing out on some amazing books.

Anywho. The point of this post isn't to shill for Harlequin. The point is that I've finally realized that after all these years of supporting Harlequin and their lovely authors it's time I threw my hat in the ring and tried to join their ranks. I've got a few erotica projects I've got to get finished first (contracts and deadlines and all) but then I'm going to focus on a paranormal romance targeted to the Nocturne line. No guarantees or anything but it'll be damn fun to pen.

2 comments:

Brenda Lou said...

I used to love reading Harlequin and Silhoutte books back in high school. Sounds like I need to get back to them :)

Strategicus said...

is it possible to invite u to write book reviews or comment on them...good blog and we have a common interest in anais nin