Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for this year, namely Nyx and Dave-O and that pesky dog. I'm thankful for our family and friends who have been so supportive.

I'm thankful for the nurses and doctors and surgeons and techs at St. Jo's and Texas Children's who took care of our baby and gave her a chance to thrive.

I'm thankful we have insurance (even if the policy is a little lacking) and the income to break even every month. So many other parents aren't so lucky.

I'm thankful for the readers who find my deliciously naughty tales entertaining enough to plunk down the three or four bucks per copy. I'm thankful for the editors who love my work enough to buy it. I'm even thankful for their virtual red pens.

Even though it's been a year with some amazing highs and some heartbreaking lows, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm thankful for it all.

1 comment:

As You Wish said...

And we (I'm speaking on behalf of all your readers, now. LOL!) are thankful for you, too. Thank you for sharing the stories of Nyx and Dave and Bosley with us. Thank you for your candor in emotion. Thank you for being YOU.