Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Got My Nuts From A Hippy

Yeah, the title's weird, and no, there's no tie in with the rest of the post. I'm just listening to The Fratelli's Costello Music album, and the song playing right now is, you guess it, Got My Nuts From A Hippy. Now onto the post....

For the last eight hours (minus a one hour dinner/Jericho break,) I worked on wedding invitations. I'm not even close to being finished yet. Sigh. I still have to punch holes, thread ribbon, address the inner envelope, stand in line at post office, apply postage to invites and reply envelopes, stuff in order, and drop in mail. This doesn't take into account the twenty plus hours of design, cutting, glueing, etc, that I've already put into them. I'm really depressed about the handpainted Indian paper that I ordered, too. It was supposed to be the accent paper for the invitations, but when I put together my test run invite, the Indian paper was just too dark of a pink and clashed with the petal backing. I considered ordering a different accent paper, but considering they're handpainted and take weeks to come in, it wasn't a viable option. Plus I've already gone over budget with the invites. Granted, it's only twenty bucks or so over, but still. I'm a stickler for budgeting so I can't excuse the extra expense. In the end, I had to scrap the Indian paper which makes the invites look sort of plain, but apparently, Dave likes them better this way. He's into the laid back, organic, minimal look. Go figure.

As I sit here typing and cringing, it's occurred to me that paper crafts probably aren't such a great idea for a girl who makes a living writing/typing. My fingers are all covered in glue, covered in razor nicks and paper cuts. Ouch! Seriously, folks, next time I get the brilliant idea to make invitations for more than ten people, somebody please deme un putaso. Or threaten me with a chancla. Sometimes I need to be protected from myself--especially my over-achieverness.

Anywho. The plan for tomorrow is to head to the post office, pick out a Quince outfit and a package of clear bra straps (mine have disappeared) from Lane Bryant, and stop by the grocery store for some last minute Easter dinner must-haves. Not that we're having Easter dinner, but still. Dave works Sunday so we're doing it Saturday. I think Alison will be in town so maybe she'll stop by and partake of my tasty spread. Note to self: Call Alison!

Oh! Yes! Alison news! So Alison is attending pharmacy school in Austin and recently received her internship assignment--and guess what? It's here! In Bryan! Yay! That means that when she's not chipping away at her forty hours/week of work, we can hang out! I'm so excited b/c I've really missed Alison this past year.

Lauren, too. And Ash. And Sara. But the summer is coming up and the wedding which means we get to spend some time together. I've just got to make more of an effort of sending out those emails and making phone calls....

OK. I've got laundry, dishes, and a kitchen to clean. And, of course, a chapter to start. Must get more caffeine!

No comments: