Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend Update!

So it's a little after five am, and I've been awake since 3. Ugh. I know. Anywho. I thought I would take a break from writing to update the blog.

Lots of SSDD lately. I'm three chapters from finishing my urban fantasy, but after reading the partial, my agent doesn't feel it's quite there. She pointed out some of the awkwardness, etc. that I had noticed when proofreading. So I've decided to finish it (for Dave's sake b/c he loves the story) and then shelve it until I have time to work out the kinks. I've been workign on D2L this week. It's a coming-of-age co-ed craziness tale that I hope captures the essence of what it is to be a co-ed these days from the skyrocketing costs of tuition, meshing the expectations of family with following your heart, searching for love and respect, finding your niche, and generally figuring out what the hell life is about. As it stands, this will be a series of five books with each installment chronicling the group of friends through a year of college. The fifth and final book will cover grad school, marriage, career choices, etc.

Anyways, it's coming along rather easily b/c this is a "book of my voice" as Julie Leto would say. Plus, it's always fun to take a nostalgic trip through my memories as I comb them for inspiration. And come on! Freshman year was a freakin' blast!

Speaking of freshman year, I've realized that I've been neglecting relationships. Well. We all have. It's that busy life crap. Still. I'm determined to start making time. Even if it's just a quick email once a week or twice a month, I'm going to find the time for my friends.

Let's see. What else? House construction is moving along, and Dave and I have chosen paint colors for most of the interior. Dave's mother visited earlier this week, and it was fun. We went shopping, had some dinner, and generally caught up. Dave had most of the week off which was nice since he tends to work a lot, but we didn't get anything accomplished. I mean, we had this huge list o' crap we were going to do, but we maybe crossed off two things, lol. Oh, well.

And simply to sate my ADHD tendencies, I'll throw these out for a laugh.

http://www.blogthings.com/leprechaunnamegenerator/

http://www.blogthings.com/whatcolorgreenareyouquiz/

My leprechaun name is Twitchy Forrekettle. I'm teal green because, and I quote, "You are a one of a kind, original person. There's no one even close to being like you. Expressive and creative, you have a knack for making the impossible possible. While you are a bit offbeat, you don't scare people away with your quirks. Your warm personality nicely counteracts any strange habits you may have."

OK. Well. Back to work. The manuscript beckons.

No comments: